Our natural resources team supports our surveying, civil engineering, facility design, transportation, and water resources experts in providing comprehensive and cost-effective solutions to our clients’ needs.
Clean water, fresh air, energy efficiency.
From environmental audits and assessments for regulatory compliance, to resolution of federal and state permitting requirements, complete indoor air quality studies, and energy use and consumption audits - we’re a one-stop shop for natural resource and energy efficiency needs. Our objective is to help Pickering clients achieve their goals in ways that meet state and federal requirements for minimizing the impact on our natural resources. Some examples of our work include:
- Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ)/Housing Urban Development (HUD), where our natural resources team spent four years completing the fieldwork necessary to provide required National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) clearances that will ultimately minimize adverse environmental impacts for water and wastewater treatment projects associated with Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts.
- Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) where Pickering has performed energy audits for numerous local government buildings that provide the basis for the local government agencies to apply for grants to implement energy saving measures identified by the auditor. Pickering has also been selected by the MDA to review application for grants by government entities.
- Bureau of Real Properties, Buildings and Grounds (BOB), where Pickering has performed energy audits on various state-owned buildings and directed implementation of identified energy saving measures, including energy audits on four Veterans Homes in Collins, Jackson, Kosciusko and Oxford, MS.
- Willow Bend Ventures, LLC., where Pickering was contracted to site and permit a clay mine used in rebuilding and strengthening the levee systems that protect the City of New Orleans after Katrina. The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers both mandates compliance with the National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA), and insures that its own projects meet the conditions set forth in the NEPA regulations. NEPA requirements for Contractor Furnished and Contractor.
Natural Resources Services
- Archeological/Cultural Surveys
- Energy Audits
- ASHRAE Level I/II Audits
- Follow-up Design and Implementation
- Review Existing Energy Audit
- Preliminary Energy Assessment
- Environmental Due Diligence -- All Appropriate Inquiry
- Indoor Air Quality
- Mold/Fungi Assessments
- Industrial Compliance and Permitting Services
- Facility Compliance Audits
- SPCC Plans
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Asbestos Surveys
- Abatement Design
- Ambient Air Monitoring & Sampling
- Lead-Based Paint Assessments
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Planning
- Noise Exposure/Impact Studies
- Soil and Groundwater Assessments and Remediation
- Underground and Above-ground Storage Tank Assessments, Remediation, and Compliance
- Wetlands Consulting
- Mitigation Plans
- Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys
[ Back to Top ]