Our sustainable design group focuses on energy efficiency, environmental conservation, and clean water and air. We are made up of specialists from our facility design, civil engineering, water resources, and natural resources groups.
How We Innovate
From energy star supermarkets to wetland mitigation services, we provide sustainable solutions for buildings, infrastructure, and land development. We have over 65 years of experience dealing with energy and environmental issues in our own backyard and across the region. We are able to draw upon our various divisions, building an in-house team of engineers, architects, and energy specialists with broad expertise. Some examples of our work include:
- Dillons Supermarket, Lawrence KS, where our design is projected to be more energy efficient than 90% of supermarkets.
- Salvation Army Kroc Center mechanical and electrical design, targeting a LEED Silver designation
- Riviana Foods, where the salvaged concrete from the demolition of outmoded facilities was used in base and access road materials for the new plant.
Sustainable Design Services
- Sustainable Building Design (LEED, Green Globes and Energy Star Certification)
- Life Cycle Cost-Benefit Analysis and Estimation
- Energy Use and Consumption Audits
- Indoor Air Quality Studies
- On Site Wastewater Treatment
- Noise Exposure/Impact Studies
- Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys
- Wetlands Assessment
- Soil and Groundwater Assessments and Remediation
- EPA/State Permitting Compliance (SWPPP, NPDES)
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Planning
[ Back to Top ]